Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"We Are Here!"

Ever since I fell in love with "Seussical" my senior year of high school, I have been in love with the story of "Horton Hears a Who". More than anything, I love the ending. The desperate attempt of an entire world to make itself heard to save itself from destruction: "We are here, we are here!" Whether it's the ending of "Seussical" or the ending of the movie or the ending of the book, I love that part...

I have to get philosophical, of course, because I'm me and that's what I do. But I think I love the end of that story because it's something I relate to. Maybe it's something everyone relates to. Horton's mantra is "a person's a person, no matter how small," but I feel like there are a lot of other meanings to be garnered from the story, and maybe this is one of them. Maybe the movie is about our desire to be heard. Afterall, everyone wants to be heard, wants to be noticed, wants to be known.

As humans, we shout, "I am here! Someone notice me! Don't let me fall, don't let me die! I am here!"

I wonder what would happen, if in unison, we all shouted together, "We are here!"

Would God hear us cry?


Love and peace,
Aemilius

No comments:

Post a Comment