Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Film Meme

Name a film that you have seen more than 10 times.
Pirates of the Caribbean...And many others.

Name a film that you’ve seen multiple times in the cinema.
Finding Nemo. Three times the summer I had the worst cough of my life.

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a film.
Dwight Schultz, Mako, Nathan Fillion...But usually it's not really about actors for me.

Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a film.
Adam Sandler.

Name a film that you can and do quote from.

The Princess Bride (but who doesn't?), Pirates of the Caribbean (same as the last), Lilo & Stitch ("Tricky fish, tricky fish!") with my wondrous Kevin McDonald loving friend. 

Name a film musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Do Disney films count as musicals? I'm sure I know all the words to The Lion King and Mulan. I'm not sure I know ALL the words to The Sound of Music...I'm (shame on me) not a huge musical fan, actually. Not that I don't like them, I just don't have a lot of knowledge of them.

Name a film that you would recommend everyone see.
Lars and the Real Girl is a film I recommend to most everyone...If you can get past the "guy falls in love with a sex doll" premise, it's a really wonderfully touching film that has a lot to say about human relationships.

Ever walked out of a film?
The Ring. I hate horror movies; my friends wanted to see it.

Name a film that made you cry in the cinema.
I cry at everything. I actually tear up at some commercials that have really lovely music. I know I cried immensely over Pixar's WALL-E and UP when I saw them in the theatre.

Popcorn?
Only at home. Movie theatre popcorn is a rip off.

How often do you go to the cinema (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Maybe 3-5 times a year. I don't get there often, and it's too expensive. I rent DVDs frequently.

What’s the last film you saw in the cinema?
Toy Story 3. I almost cried...I think I had one tear. Does that count?

What’s your favourite/preferred genre of film?
I'm willing to try most genres. I dislike horror, lowbrow comedy, and predictable romances (unless they have some unusual or unique element).

What’s the first film you remember seeing in the cinema?
Space Jam...Although I barely remember it.

What film do you wish you had never seen?
P.S. I Love You. Such a waste of two hours.

What is the scariest film you’ve seen?
I don't watch horror movies, so I'm going to twist this question a bit and make scary = disturbing. Raise the Red Lantern gave me chills and left me feeling really upset/distraut afterward...In a way, it was really scary.

If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be?
Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle? Wandering around as an old woman for a while is completely worth it if you get to end up in a flying castle with Wizard Howl...

Total number of films you own on DVD and video.
More than I care to go and count right now.

Last film you bought.
I'm not sure of the last film, the last DVDs I bought were Jeremy Brett's The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Last film you watched.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I really love that film...Even the second time, my heart was racing at the climax.

Five films that mean a lot to you.
Seven Samurai
Lars and the Real Girl
Big Fish
Stranger than Fiction
A Series of Unfortunate Events

(A legitimate post will be coming soon, I promise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment